Sunday, August 26, 2012

August Birchbox



For August, Birchbox teamed up with Pencils of Promise to raise money to build a school in Guatemala. What I really enjoyed this month, was the little booklet that described what products you received and tips like, to shave better using the Schick Hydro Silk Razor, how to pick the best eyeliner and whatnot.

As usual, Birchbox always has a perfume sample which I have mentioned before how much I personally don't care for them, but I was veryveryvery excited to receive Juicy Couture's Viva la Fleur which I am absolutely in love with! My birthday is coming up next Sunday and I have this perfume on my wishlist and if I don't get it, I'm going to buy it myself.

When I first opened my box, I wasn't too thrilled about the Beauty Fixation makeup remover q-tips and the Comodynes self-tanning towelettes and hydra-tanning face moisturizing summer glow. As well as the DDF brightening cleanser. Apparently, being older, I have received a lot of face products. The makeup remover q-tips are a pretty good concept, mainly for those on the run and want to touch up their makeup. Not so great for at home use because I used up all 3 samples just removing my eyeliner. Now, the Comodynes self-tanning towelettes? I love them! Not messy like self-tanning lotions, but one towelette is good for one leg, or for my big legs. My right leg was a little streaky. I have yet to try the hydra-tanning face moisturizing summer glow though, so I will have to update this post once I do. As for the brightening cleanser? I didn't see a big difference. And last, but not least, the razor which I haven't even used! Again, I'll update later about the two products I haven't used.

Overall, Birchbox is a love/hate subscription service. I've only been a member since March 2012 and at $10, it's not a huge huge loss, but I'm going to keep them til Christmas and probably end my service there. I recently joined Glossybox and want to see where that takes me and possibly look into other services.

XOXO Yen

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm, looks like a random little box of goodies. I can't wait for the next Glossybox to arrive in the mail! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had this pretty beauty blog too. I've seen these little boxes of surprises around on other blogs. It seems like such a great idea. A mail lover myself, I'd love to get one on my doorstep someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jelli! Yea, my friend and I are collaborating on this beauty blog. Subscription boxes are all the rage and there's a lot of different ones to choose from. I suggest going to this site though http://www.subscriptionboxes.com/blog/

      - Yen

      Delete

We appreciate all the comments, advice and encouragements you leave for us! Thanks for supporting us and taking the time to read our blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...