Monday, February 25, 2013

Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil





Hello everyone! Here goes another Monday. I hope everyone is getting off to a good start this week. Two weeks ago I purchased the sample size version of Tarte's Maracuja Oil ($46). I swear at this rate, I'm pretty much turning into Tarte's unofficial spokesperson. There really isn't anything Tarte has made that has let me down.

This nutrient-rich oil contains vitamin C and essential fatty acids to hydrate sensitive, dry, and acne prone skin, leaving skin even toned and smooth without a greasy feel. Pure maracuja oil is a hydrating treatment oil known for its anti-aging and healing properties for firmer, brighter, and smoother looking skin, and will not cause breakouts.
The lightweight oil is meant to be used as a nighttime replacer for your moisturizer. I've been using it for at least a week now and I have seen improvements in my skin. Tarte says to use 1-2 drops all over your face, but since I have such dry skin 1-2 drops wasn't enough for me. I had to use about 5-8 drops to really get my skin that nice dewy moisturized look. I know you're probably thinking, 8 drops?! That's a lot! The truth is, I have extremely dry skin with eczema, and during the winter my skin is similar to the Sahara desert.

So how does my skin look? It looks brighter, lighter, and my pores appear smaller. I still have redness on my face and the rougher textures of my skin are still there, but overall my skin looks clear, youthful and supple. This is pretty amazing considering I only paid about nine dollars for the small size from Ebay, which will last me at least a few weeks. Also, this is an organic product, which means there is no added fragrance. So, if you're a fan of organic products like me, you'll love that about this oil. However, I do have to warn you, you might smell a bit like Fritos B-B-Q chips. :)

6 comments:

  1. frito's BBQ corn chips?! Great... Maggie is going to come snuggle up and try to lick it off my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love skin oils! I have heard about this one but hadn't had a chance to try it out yet! IT sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty neat, and definitely even better that they make a sample size of it too!

      Delete
  3. I'm pretty sure that maracuja is passionfruit, which just so happens to grow abundantly here in Costa Rica. While I don't eat lots of passionfruit, I DO adore it's cousin (called granadilla here) and eat it a lot. Sure wish that eating the fruit made my skin as lovely as this oil says it will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jelli! Yes it is passionfruit. I've never tried granadilla but I bet it tastes delicious. I really adore this oil and face oils in general. Thanks so much for stopping by and you have such a lovely colorful blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

We appreciate all the comments, advice and encouragements you leave for us! Thanks for supporting us and taking the time to read our blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...